
One of the things Liz and I did during the summer to make a little extra money was to sell elk products at Anchorage Market and Festival. See a video at
http://alaska.org/videos-photos/videopop3.jsp?Saturday_Market_2007_medFL8.flv,Saturday_Market_2007_hiFL8.flv If you've never had an elk burger, let me tell you that they are lean and tasty (so lean that they have to mix a little hamburger into the meat just to get them to stick together). We offered a money back guarantee to anyone who hesitated to try one... I've never had anyone ask for their money back.

This is Jim, my boss and owner of Diversified Maintenance, where I work the rest of the week. He's serving up the pièce de résistance, elk burger. We loved meeting people who visited the market from all around the world. Backpackers, locals, and those on cruises frequent the market. Most Saturdays Liz and I tag-teamed with Zhenya, a young Russian who, along with his wife have just become parents. I enjoyed working the grill, and working the crowd (often juggling onions in between burgers, brats, polish sausage and hot dogs). Liz loved connecting with people and helping them figure out all the cool stuff to see while in Alaska. She could work for the State of Alaska Board of Tourism!
I watched some of the video - and I noticed the low angle of the shadows! I remember that drove me crazy because I was not used to it. That 7 pm bright sunshine was making my brain go weeeeeeeeeeeeeah.
ReplyDelete